Is An Irrevocable Trust Right For You?
Irrevocable trusts are an excellent estate planning tool that can help you:
- Avoid tax obligations
- Avoid probate
- Help beneficiaries qualify for public benefits
- Obtain long-term care
- Ensure your money is spent wisely by beneficiaries
In the right circumstances, and if done properly, irrevocable trusts are indeed an outstanding method to accomplish many estate planning goals, including those named above. However, a trust is not the perfect tool for every situation, every time. Too often, our clients come to us having heard from a friend or previous lawyer that an irrevocable trust was the only available choice.
We Provide Clients With An Array Of Options
At Salem Shor & Saperstein, LLP, we take a different approach. We want to fully explain all of your estate planning options and hear your goals before making any recommendations on how to get there. In some cases, your goals might be more easily met through an alternative option.
However, if an irrevocable trust is right for you, our experienced will and trust attorneys have significant experience in drafting comprehensive and secure trusts, including:
- Charitable remainder trusts, which can generate an income for you and provide for charities while limiting your tax burden
- Special needs trusts, which can provide for a special needs loved one while still qualifying them for public benefits
- Pooled income trusts, which allows a person of any age to have a supplemental income while qualifying for Medicaid
- Generation-skipping trusts, or dynasty trusts, which allow for a grandparent to provide for children while minimizing the estate tax
- A-B trusts, which is a trust set up between spouses to minimize tax obligations
- QTIP trusts, or qualified terminable interest property trusts, which can provide for the surviving spouse and other heirs once the surviving spouse dies
Whether you are looking to preserve an inheritance for future generations or need to provide immediately for the needs of a special needs relative, we have the right tool for you.
Looking For More Information?
The vast majority of our clients are unfamiliar with the differences between the various trusts available to them. That is why we are here. Our irrevocable trust attorneys act as guides and educators, always promoting the best interests of you and your family.
Call 866-308-2816 if you have questions about the right options for you; ask to speak with Mr. Shor or Mr. Saperstein. You can also schedule your initial consultation online.
From our office in Lake Success, New York, we represent clients throughout New York City and Long Island. We also make home and hospital visits if you cannot travel.