Dory Salem Esq.
- Founding Partner
Lake Success, New York
Dory Salem, Esq., is a Founding Partner at the firm of Salem, Shor & Sapertsein, LLP, centrally located in Lake Success, New York. He has over a decade of experience practicing in the areas of Elder law, Trust & Estates and Medicaid Planning. He is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and the State of New Jersey. He earned his law degree from Brooklyn Law School and his bachelor's degree for Yeshiva University, and is a member of the Queens County and New York State Bar associations as well as the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
Mr. Salem previously served as an associate professor at St. Johns University and Baruch College, teaching courses on Elder law and Medicaid Planning. Additionally Mr. Salem has lectured extensively on these topics on behalf of many organizations including Emunah for Women, Sephardic Bikur Cholim and Jewish War Veterans. In April of 2009 he was recognized with the Attorney of the Year Award for his pro-bono assistance in Elder Law issues with Sephardic Bikur Cholim and their clients who could not afford to hire an attorney.
Dory Salem, Esq., is committed to representing the elderly and disabled along with their families with legal counsel in the areas of Medicare, Medicaid, wills, trusts, power of attorney, health care proxies, probate, guardianship and real estate.
Areas Of Practice
- Elder Law
- Trust & Estates
- Medicaid Planning
- Power of Attorney
- Health Care Proxies
- Real Estate
- New York
- New Jersey
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- Yeshiva University
- Elder law and Medicaid Planning, Emunah for Women, Lecturer
- Elder law and Medicaid Planning, Sephardic Bikur Cholim, Lecturer
- Elder law and Medicaid Planning, Jewish War Veterans, Lecturer
Honors and Awards
- Attorney of the Year Award, Pro-Bono Assistance in Elder Law, Sephardic Bikur Cholim
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Queens County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
Past Employment Positions
- St. Johns University, Associate Professor, Elder law and Medicaid Planning
- Baruch College, Associate Professor, Elder law and Medicaid Planning